Saturday, February 21, 2009

Monday is 40 weeks

Sweet little Mary Amelia is happy to be nice and warm inside me. I wouldn't want to come out in the cold either! And so 40 weeks comes. And I'm fine. Just fine. :)
There are lots of things that keep me busy, and I am always finding one more thing to do. Mentally, I'm totally ready.
And sometimes I get to the point where the house is clean, the dishes are done, the laundry is folded and put away, and I'm ready to go... That lasts for half a day. Then the housework comes undone, more things come up on the calendar and I think, I can't have a baby right now!!
But when she comes, everything else will go away for a little bit. And it's going to be ok.

9 comments:

Liz said...

The fact that you get the dishes done, house clean and laundry put away is in itself amazing!! Glad to hear you are hanging in there! Can't wait to see your cute little girl!!

Melanie said...

Jan, I'm so glad to hear that you're prepared enough to have those moments... I wish I could be there to take care of you! Love you!

B&U+2 said...

You're amazing! You seem so calm and relaxed. By the time I reached 36 weeks I was going out of my mind and ready for it all to be over with and by the time I reached 39 I wanted to start the jumping jacks! Maybe it comes with experience, hope I'm as collected as you when it's time for our next baby.

The Smiths said...

I love your attitude! So many people are like (myself included some days in those last days) INDUCE ME NOW!!!!!!!! Memphis was nine days late and Damien was 5 days late! You are so cute and I am so excited for you!

mad white woman said...

I had a dr.'s appointment on my due date and I still wasn't dialated. But, I decided when the baby is ready, they'll come! Which is why when my water broke several days after my due date, I still hadn't packed my bags for the hospital. :)

Maureen said...

We love you guys and are so excited for Mary to come! Hang in there! I think I was always at a grocery store or something and they would ask "when are you due?" and I'd say "today!" or "Yesterday!" Preston was 5 days late, and to this day doesn't like to get out of his warm bed! : )
You're awesome!

Liz said...

Happy 40 weeks! I hope she comes soon!

Liz said...

Hey, I just noticed the countdown is gone! Does that mean she is here???

David and Jana said...

No, the countdown started going backwards-I can't have that!