Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to me! (Last week!)

I'm catching up. Now I'm only a week behind!

On January 11th, I turned 31!


And my cake....

Its the purple mountain background in AZ. I got my hammock on my palm trees! That is one of my "somedays." Adam thought I should have added a cactus. (that isn't in my someday)



Friday night, David took me out to Red Lobster, our favorite, and then we walked around Target and looked at little pink things. Then we got a ridiculous girl movie and some sherbet and went home.
Saturday night, he suprised me with a romantic dance in our living room, just us, low lights and a bottle of sparkly grape juice. :) He sang to me and we danced to the same songs that we did on our first date.
Sunday, my real birthday, I made lasagna, David gave me a girly movie, and we had some friends come over for cake and ice cream. They brought the good ice cream. :) Then we put the kids to bed and played Settlers.
Monday (birthday not over!) one of my friends took me out to lunch. I ate too much chicken salad and peach cobbler. It was delicious! And David gave me more chocolate. :) He knows me.

OK and I have to add this only because I'm so proud of myself. When I went to my doctor appointment after christmas vacation and after my birthday, I had only gained 1 pound! I've never done that before. I have always been really good at gaining weight while I'm pregnant. A little too good at it. :) So I wanted to share my amazement and wow to myself.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

I am sooo proud of you =) You are so cute, and deserved the best birthday ever!

Unknown said...

Oh! I missed wishing you a happy birthday! YOu have always been so good at remembering! It looks like it was fun and what a thoughtful husband!

Christi said...

Jana I love reading your blog. I love your cake-purple mountains are perfect for you! =) Did you draw (frost) it free hand? I love the palm trees.

Liz said...

Happy Birthday!! Somehow I got behind on reading your blog! Sounds like you guys have been having lots of fun!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Jana! You are such a cute pregnant lady! We miss you!
-Sarah

Allen Levie said...

Happy birthday superwoman sorry I missed it. I'm most of the time a lumux. Take care of that female Corless we are looking forward to the new model.
Allen

Kelly said...

Its official. . .you have the perfect husband. Sorry I've gotten behind on reading your blog!!! happy late birthday again!!!! love you!!!