Thursday, May 19, 2011

There are things I will not miss...

Christi inspired me. I've actually been making a mental list of things I look forward to about moving. Here are the things I will NOT miss...

-the squeaky floors, LOVE the wood, not the noise.

-no water pressure in the bathroom sink. That is the one place you need water to wash things off quickly. Everywhere else the water comes out nice and fast.

-sharing a bathroom with the kids. There's just something better about that one.

-no driveway or garage. We've parked on the side of the house for almost 4 years.

-no fence in the back yard. Every time my youngest little person wants to play outside, I have to be out there, too. Even when Adam and Peter go outside, they have to stay where I can see them from the window.

-no where to ride bikes or go walking, safely...

-non energy efficient doors and windows. Cold air comes in and escapes around every door and window.

-having the baby room right next to the squeaky, echoing, wood floor dining room.

-having the washer and dryer not next to each other.

-gutters we have to clean out every year or we get water in the basement.

-sharing a teeny tiny closet with my husband. I love sharing with him, I just wish it was a LOT bigger!

-the neighbors leaves all blowing into our yard every fall. We fill 16-20 leaf bags every fall and then a few more in spring.

-having the only main floor phone jack in the dining room. Love those 5 am calls I have to get out of bed for.

-the dead grapevines on our dining room ceiling. Its fun to talk about, but David and I both think its hideous.

-no windows that open in the living room.

-the street sounds of living on the main street 24/7. (ie., sirens, people yelling, honking, etc.)

-not having a pantry in the kitchen.




Needless to say there are a lot of things we put up with because we knew we weren't going to be here very long.

BUT we WILL miss...

-our friends and all our adventures with them!!!!

-being able to walk 3 houses down and cross the street to Dairy Queen.

-wide basement steps

-a huge laundry/storage room

a big kitchen with no island

-beautiful wood floors

-our sunroom

-watching the parades from our own front yard.

-walking down a few blocks to the Robert Wadlow statue.

-driving through green hugs (when the trees are so close together and big and tall that the branches cross over the street and mix with the branches on the other side of the road.)

-taking walks with the kids to the Redbox.

-my husband being able to come home for 2 hours every day for lunch, when he doesn't have lab work to do.

-our babysitters!!!

-only being 8 hours from Michigan.


Here's to more adventure!!!

7 comments:

Christi said...

I'm excited that you get to have an adventure at the same time asme! :) :) Love you Jan-great lists!

Liz said...

Where are you moving?

mad white woman said...

I almost forgot you are moving. I barely survived moving less than 10 miles... not sure what I would do if it were far, far away. ;)

David and Jana said...

We're moving from Alton, Illinois to Sherman, TX sometime around the end of June, beginning of July.

Ryan said...

loved your home, Jana! even the squeaky floors and low pressure sink,~ such character~most importantly loved being there with you! Happy future adventures! And you better still visit us in MI!! ;)

Ryan said...

that was me, by the way
Maureen

Anna Min said...

I went online to see where Sherman, TX is...WELCOME to TEXAS! Happy moving and happy adventures:)